2015 BMW ICOM Rheingold WIFI setting guide and using tips
Our best quality BMW ICOM (Item No:SP168) with latest 2015.6 diagnostic and programming ISTA-D 3.49.30 ISTA-P 55.4.000 software has been added WIFI wireless connections. Following are the instruction on WIFI setting and using tips.
How to configure 2015 BMW ICOM WIFI wireless connection?
Almost 95% laptops on the world with Intel chip (I3/I5/I7 series) and have 4GB memory
1. Insert WIFI USB D-link into the computer via USB port
2. Turn off the computer built-in WIFI or additional WIFI resources. Make sure only BMW ICOM WIFI USB exist on the computer. Meanwhile, disable both Internet network and local area connection.
3. Then power on computer.
4. Open “Network Connections” program to check there is no other existing Internet and Local Area connection.
NOTE: Do not disable DWA-131 which is the ICOM WIFI USB. If it displays “X” mark, ignore it.
5. Run BMW ICOM Rheingold ISTA-D ISTA-P software, tick “WIFI for ICOM”
6. Now connect your ICOM firmware with your car. Wait for 20-60 second, then you will see the light on the ICOM main unit will flash slowly or do not flash which means the good communication is built between the USB WIFI and ICOM A2 WIFI.
7. Start using diagnostic or programming software. Click “OK” to accept the system prompt
8. The ICOM Rheingold main interface can not be closed, but only be minimized.
9. ICOM software will detect and recognize ICOM firmware.
2015 WIFI BMW ICOM diagnostic& programming system connection diagram:
2015 BMW ICOM WIFI using tips:
1). If you need perform ECU programming function with ICOM, you’d better using USB connection instead of WIFI wireless connection.
2). Both our customers and engineers have tested and recommend to use 2015.1 BMW ICOM Rheingold ISTA-D ISTA-P 256GB SSD Solid-State Disk (Item No: SS151-A1 and Item No: SS151-A1S) to work with ICOM A+B+C which carries out more stable programming, especially for modifying BMW cars.
3). Our BMW ICOM WIFI SP168 comes with default 2015.6 software HDD, if you need 2015.1V ICOM SSD software, please contact our customer service first and inform us the language you need.