Porsche OBDII diagnostic scanner & programming tool we review in this article range from €119 up to €2,129, they are able to diagnose multiple Porsche systems including Engine, Anti-lock Brake System, transmission, airbag and more. Moreover, Piwis 3 and Durametric supports coding and programming.
Tools to be recommended:
- Porsche Piwis 3 tester (OEM)
- Durametric diagnostic tool
- Autel MaxiDAS
- iCarsoft POR II
- Launch Creader VII+
Top 1: Porsche Piwis 3
- New DoIP Ethernet diagnostic technology, support for models with DoIP diagnostics after 2017.
- Multi Languages available for diagnosis: English, US English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese
- Software version: V38.400.000
- New operating system and more intuitive software interface
- Maintenance, repair, control unit replacement, programming code.
- Login online anti-theft matching programming.
- Guided fault finding.
- Maintenance circuit diagram view.
- Engineer mode (development version) can support special functions such as installing, modify, Flash.
- Process malfunction navigation, showing all interior circuit diagram. Specially if Porsche were produced after 2005. The PIWIS III has original oscillometer and multi-meter Function.
Piwis 3 diagnostic functions:
Read trouble code
Clear trouble code
Show ECU information
Test live data
Display actual values
New Car Models Available :
Panamera (971) 2018
Cayenne (92A) 2018
Macan (95B) 2018
991 (991) 2018
Also support All Other Old car models
How does piwis tester 3 work?
It is a hardware and software tool that plugs into your Windows PC’s USB port. Once plugged into the car the software is capable of reading and resetting the different modules in the car.
PIWIS 3 tester is too expensive and not easy to use. You most likely won’t be able to get a hold of Porsche Piwis unless you are an auto repair shop.
Top 2: Durametric diagnostic tool for Porsche
- Provides in-depth troubleshooting and has great model coverage.
1989-1995 Porsche 928
1990-1992 Porsche 944
1992-1995 Porsche 968
2004-2006 Porsche Carrera GT (980)
1990-1994 Porsche 911 (964)
1994-1998 Porsche 911 (993)
1998-2004 Porsche 911 (996)
2005-2012 Porsche 911 (997)
2012-2015 Porsche 911 (991)
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster (986)
2005-2012 Porsche Boxster (987)
2013-2015 Porsche Boxster (981)
2003-2007 Porsche Cayenne (955)
2008-2010 Porsche Cayenne (957)
2011-2015 Porsche Cayenne (958)
2010-2015 Porsche Panamera (970)
2005-2013 Porsche Cayman (987)
2014-2015 Porsche Cayman (981)
- It can work with all of the systems in the car: DME, Airbag, ABS, Tiptronic, Alarm, Seat Memory, Heating & A/C and more…
The Durametric costs several hundred dollars. It also requires a laptop to run.
The Durametric is a great tool for Porsche mechanics. Durametric Diagnostic Software is an alternative to the Porsche dealer scanner.
Top 3. AUTEL MaxiDAS DS808 for Porsche and other cars
- Autel MaxiDAS can not only access all Porsche systems and modules, but it can also carry out sensor activations, programming and display live sensor data from all the modules.
- Covers almost all makes and makes and is not just for diagnostic Porsche vehicles.
Check Porsche coverage on the official site:
Refer to AUTEL MaxiDAS DS808 reviews here:
Autel MaxiDAS is a professional level diagnostic scanner for Porsche and other makes. it is also the cheapest scanner that you can get that will offer similar functionality to a dealer level scanner.
Top 4. iCarsoft POR II for Porsche
- Multi-system coverage
- Price: under 200eur
- Capable of reading and clearing codes from modules that typically only the dealer can access such as:
DME – Engine
Airbag – SRS
Heating & A/C
- A few features include ABS Bleeding, Injector coding, ABS Brake relearn function when ABS is replaced.
Multi-system diagnostics only works on Porsche vehicles. It can be used on any vehicle for engine diagnostics but not to diagnose other modules.
While the iCarsoft can read and clear codes from most modules on your Porsche, it has limited codding and sensor activation functionality, not like Porsche PIWIS 3 tester.
iCarsoft POR II if for owners who are looking for a powerful OBD-II scanner for Porsche vehicles.
Top 5. Launch Creader VII+ for Porsche and other cars
Any other car makes: confirmed
Multilingual: Chinese, English, French, Spanish, Germany, Italian, Russian.
Only cover 4 system: Engine, automatic transmission, anti-lock braking system and airbag
For example, if your climate control module has fault codes, you can’t read and clear those codes with Launch Creader.
To sum up:
If you are a professional technician working in a auto repair shop, you will get one Porsche Piwis Tester 3, which can perform in-depth diagnostics, as well as programming, coding and engineering mode programming etc.
If you are Porsche owner looking for a dealer level scanner you will get similar functionality with Autel MaxiDAS.
MaxiDAS provides the in-depth diagnostics and also works on 20+ vehicle makes including Europen, Asian and Domestic vehicles.
Those on a tight budget looking for a good Porsche OBD2 scanner that offers multi-system diagnostic iCarsoft POR II is a great choice.
Before you purchase a Porsche OBD2 scanner, you should always check system coverage for your particular Porsche model and year.