Fixed! ISTA-D error “the vehicle could not be identified successfully”

This article starts with the problem: I have some issues with ISTA-D Version 4.22. installed through the Bimmergeeks installation pack. I have also tried the one through Mikes Easy install before with the same result.
I keep getting the following error when trying to connect to vehicle: “The vehicle could not be identified successfully. Check vehicle interface and ‘PAD active’.”
The same error shows up when I try to use E-NET cable (which works without an issue for E-SYS coding), as well as K+D CAN cable (which works without an issue for INPA).

I have checked the settings in EDIABAS.ini and all looks good, as I said it works well with INPA.

 

Advice:

Do you unzip all files in required folders? I think yes. You need to feed the registry values to computer so it can understand your standalone installation (which in fact is not executable installation) and variables.

 

Question:

They are actually executable files, installing everything through an installer. There were no manual registry entries nor *.reg files to load into the registry, neither with Mikes or Bimmergeeks installations.

 

Advice:

I see. Then check with regedit what settings you have

under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingold] or similar path.

 

Question:

Sure, see the attached picture of the reg entries I have in that path.Reg

 

Advice:

Try onlinemode = true

 

Finally! Works!

 

Good to know:

There is no connection with servers. Its offline. These registries makes windows and ista having proper configuration for running application.

 

 

Share