What’s the difference between VIDA DICE2014 unit and that VXDIAG Nano Volvo? Which one is better?
Firstly, let’s review VIDA DICE:
There’s actually 3 types. Vida, Vida clone and vxdiag.
Vida is official Volvo tool. Most expensive but fastest to read your car.
Vida clone is almost as good as official Vida. Even looks like official Vida.
And the only real difference between genuine and Chinese made is the lack of Bluetooth on the Chinese one. But for $700 less, it’s a small cost. The Chinese dice are good now a days for vida 2014D, Vida online (paid subscription, flashing software), vdash, and for tuners to use for their programs. There is no other difference.
Secondly is the review of VXDIAG Nano Volvo:
VXDIAG VCX NANO device can be used with Volvo’s VIDA software to communicate with Volvos from the early 2000s up to 2016or so. Free Download VXDIAG Volvo_2014D_EN software: https://mega.nz/#F!Mlx1XLjD!-tEaNyUIsHVJtjNqKlqRlg
Someone chose to buy one of these rather than a DICE or DICE clone because (A) these are a bit cheaper than DICE clones.
- Just follow instructions and installed VIDA 2014D from the installation DVD that came with the device. It will work like a charm.
Someone tried to use it with a VIDA installation he had already done using a virtual machine image, it didn’t work, I just kept getting an error message: “ERROR: SDK GetProcAddress!”.
- The recommendation for VIDA is Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.
- Can connect to the car and read it’s details, fault codes and live data.
- Can also use the activate feature to turn on and off various systems for testing.
- Much cheaper than vida dice
- works the same as the Vida and Vida clone.
- used the device with VDASH2 and it also works fine for reading information and fault codes.
- Multi Languages: Italian, English, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Thai, Chinese
- A little slower to read your car;
- Requires additional software to be install (it does come with all required software on a cd but can also be downloaded for free)
Recommend the VX NANO Volvo as a cheaper alternative to a DICE clone. Just follow the instructions and know that it may not work on a VM.