Here offers a new and effective solution to resolve PCMTuner Dongle too hot problem. Don’t worry about this issue. It’s normal because the dongle is LED. It’s easy to get rid of this problem. Just follow the steps in this post to remove the smart dongle chip yourself, no need to return the dongle.
- Brush some weld oil on the chip
- Adjust the heat control (hot air degree) to 280
- Use a hot air gun to hot the chip about 40s-1min till the chip can be removed
- Confirm each boot doesn’t short
- Verify on laptop after all done
The solution is the same for the green PCMTuner smart dongle.
The new dongle manufactured after June 8th, 2022 has removed the chip before delivery.