Which one is the best remote generator and key programmer? What’s the difference between them? Here we have collected hot 5 key tools in 2022, trying to help customers figure out before purchase.
|Item||Autel MaxiIM KM100||VVDI Key Tool Max||Mini Key Tool||LONSDOR KH100+||KEYDIYKD-X2|
|Generate special chip||√||√||√||√||√|
|IMMO||√||×(need Mini OBD)||×||×||×|
|Unlock Toyota smart key||√||√||√||√||√|
|Test ignition coil||√||√||√||√||√|
|Write key via dump||×||√||×||×||×|
|Detect IR signal||×||×||×||√||×|
|ID48/ID48 96bit copy||×||√||√||×||√|
Autel KM100 > Key Tool Max > KEYDIY KD-X2 > Lonsdor KH100+ > Mini Key Tool
– Autel KM100 is most expensive.
– Xhorse Mini Key Tool is the cheapest.
- Autel KM100, Key Tool Max & Lonsdor KH100+ are equipped with a screen while Mini Key Tool & KEYDIY KD-X2 are not.
- Thereinto, only Autel KM100 & Key Tool Max are touch screen while Lonsdor KH100+ are not.
- Autel KM100 screen resolution is higher than Key Tool Max.
Autel KM100 > Key Tool Max > Lonsdor KH100+ > Mini Key Tool > KEYDIY KD-X2
- Autel KM100, Key Tool Max & Lonsdor KH100+ are supported to operate on device directly. Mini Key Tool & KEYDIY KD-X2 should work with a phone or PC.
- Autel KM100 is latest tool with highest touch sensitivity. It’s the most convenient of all.
- Mini Key Tool can support wireless control on phone, KEYDIY KD-X2 should work on wire connection. That’s less convenient.
- Only Autel KM100 is featured with immobilizer function to do add key & all key lost while others are not. Key Tool Max needs additional Mini OBD to realize it. Lonsdor & KEYDIY also need extra key programmer. To some extent, KM100 can be an affordable alternative of IM508 or IM608 for some models. Also, it’s smaller and compact to put into pocket.
- In terms of unlocking keys, KM100 has a wider coverage than Xhorse like Dacia, Fiat, Honda, Benz, Opel, Suzuki; KD-X2 has a wider coverage than KM100 on Alfa, Geely, Haima, Haval, Jaguar, Lada, Land Rover, Lincoln, Maserati, Mini, Rolls Royce, Smart, VW.
- For chip simulator, KM100 supports ID46, 47, 48, 49 4A, 8A; KH100+ supports 4D, 46, 48, 47; KD-X2 only supports ID46 & 4D.
- Only Key Tool Max has remote simulator, write key via dump & acquisition test function. By collecting FSK ASK EEPROM frequency for engineer analysis when the car run into remote problems.
- For ID48 96bit copy, KD-X2 is free while Xhorse tools need to generate 10 remotes to activate the function.
- Only KM100 has AutoVIN while others do not, which is smarter & faster.
Autel KM100 is newer and smarter, but features are not as many as others at present. It’s obviously has advantage in IMMO due to Autel support. Can be an entry-level substitute and supporting tool before using IM508/IM608 to program keys.
Xhorse Mini Key Tool is good at cloning & generating remotes. VVDI Key Tool Max is an upgraded version on the basis. It supports the most functions on remote & chip programming at present.
Lonsdor KH100+ supports to copy 8A Toyota smart key directly, unlock Toyota Lexus smart fob. It’s the only one tool can read 902Mhz frequency of some USA remotes.
KEYDIY KD-X2 supports to generate some remotes that are not supported on Xhorse. ID48 96bit copy is free and quicker than Xhorse.
Both Lonsdor & KEYDIY can clone PCF7935 chip while Xhorse cannot.
However, there’s no perfect tool can support everything. Purchase 2-3 items for back-up use would be a good idea for each locksmith.