OBDSTAR engineer successfully added 2 pieces of PIC adapters and one cable based on old OBDSTAR EEPROM adapter, the PIC adapter working with OBDstar X100 pro/ Chinese X-300PRO is designed to read write CPU data on a part of car computer, and EEPROM is to read out password from EEPROM chip and restore data.
EEPROM: read out password from EEPROM chip and restore data.
PIC: read write CPU data on a part of car computer
This post content mainly includes 2 parts:
Part 1: about PIC adapter
Part 2: EEPROM adapter coverage
PIC adapter is currently tested working with FAW models (05-26-2016 update):
FAW Wei Chi V5 (PIC): initialize CPU data for immobilizer coil
FAW N5 (FREESCALE): initialize CPU data for immobilizer coil
FAW N7 (FREESCALE): initialize CPU data for immobilizer coil
More car manufactures are under development.
The reason to initialize immobilizer coil:
Currently the 4s staff would advice car owners to replace new immobilizer coil the match new keys if key lost, e.g FAW Wei Chi V5 (Immobilizer coil model is 89783-52Q40) and FAW N5/N7 (Immobilizer coil model is 89783-TBA00), usually a immobilizer coil is charged $50-$85. If you have OBDSTAR PIC adapter, you will need no new immobilizer coil cost, how? OBDSTAR PIC adapter is able to initialize adapter and then directly match new key without replacing immobilizer coil. PIC adapter can initialize immobilizer coil for unlimited times.
Steps: PIC adapter +OBDstar X-300PRO initialize immo coil on FAW Wei Chi V5
FAW Wei Chi V5 key lost, firstly the immo coil is supposed to initialize, how to do please go on reading following parts:
1. Take part immobilizer coil from ignition , as you see the model is 89783-52Q40
2. Remove immobilizer coil and plug to the PIC adapter, two optional methods:
(1). direct connection way. Following 3 pictures clearly show how to do:
(2) Remove the chip and welding:
Remove the 14pin chip from immobilizer coil then weld to the NO.2 PIC adapter. (Weld to any one of following 4 welding point is ok).
3. Plug X100 Pro/X300 pro main unit to the adapter and No.2 PIC adapter, then give power supply. Press button to enter menu: Function – EEPROM adapter- PIC/ Freescale – FAW- Wei Chi V5.
4. initializing…, wait till it complete.
5. After complete initialization, take immo coil back to the car; start to make key, please do by following the procedure:
Number keys to match:2
A.Insert a new key into ignition lock to OFF position not ON position, then wait 5 seconds.
B.Insert the second new key into ignition lock to OFF position not turn ON position, then wait 5 seconds
C.Take out the second key from ignition lock. Insert one programmed key into the ignition, quickly turn on and off ignition for 5 times, you can see immo light turn off, done.
6. After done key programming, you need to synchronize engine and immobilizer. Please do as follows: connect X100 pro / X300 PRO to the vehicle, enter X100 pro / X300 pro IMMO remote – FAW Wei Chi V5 – Engine and immobilizer synchronization – type.
7. Complete Synchronization.
EEPROM adapter supported car models + function:
EEPROM adapter is able to read/write/save/restore data on these chips:
EEPROM adapter is able to read out IMMO code on these car models:
(Note: Need to remove EEPROM chip to read out code.)
Beiqi E150, E130
Buick Sail, Hideo new GL8, LaCrosse after 09, Regal after 09 and Ang Kela
Cadillac SLS and SRX
Changan CM8, Yue Xiang, Zhi Xiang and Benben
Chery SIIC Transportation and DIAS
Chevrolet Cruze and TRAX
Geely Dorsett /Vision
Great Wall Wingle (diesel)
FAW Haima Automobile 323 and DIAS