Have a car 2007 Chevy Avalanche with problem ” BCM had multiple faults. TSB recommend software update”, using Autel MK908P scanner + battery maintainer + windows 10 laptop + AC Delco subscription to finish the job.
- Diagnostic scanner: Autel MK908P
- A really good battery maintainer not a charger, so that you can keep it the battery on the car to have stable voltage that’s not gonna fluctuate.
- A windows 10 laptop, if you use windows 7 that’s gonna be phasing out pretty soon. It’s really slow and there’s been times where I noticed the USB ports don’t give the JBOX enough power and there’s a lot of communication issues so get a good windows 10 laptop.
- An AC Delco subscription.
There are two tools: MS908SP and MK908P. They are identical in terms of the special function. The difference is the MK908P is intended for the international market. That means if you get it in the US and you call out until New York they are not going to help you because they don’t import this tool now, the reason why I like it better than the MS1000 ASP is because of this replacement battery, if the battery goes faulty I can just ship the client another one and done the MS908SP you can’t do that, you have to ship the whole thing in and you have to have your tool under warranty, it’s like your cost go up.
- Subscribe AC Delco and use, please just follow the instructions to operate.
2.Pick up the Autel MK908P.
1) Rea trouble codes;
2) Select special function
3) Set SDM primary key in BCM
1, Make sure you have all the right equipment mentioned above (battery maintainer, win10 computer, Autel MK908P diagnostic scanner )
- Try to avoid using “free repair” information. Free is convenient but really risk not completing a procedure because you don’t have that VIN number specified instructions.
- Know the follow up procedure before starting programming.
- Try to get a mentor for J2534 programming.