Xtool PS201 heavy duty code reader is special designed for heavy duty vehicles which is CAN or OBDII compliant made 1996-up, Xtool PS201 works with both gasoline and diesel engine, it is the first original handheld (LCD screen: 160*160) heavy duty scanner and therefore very suitable for both professional technicians and DIYers.
Xtool PS201 code reader outlook:
There is a Nylon bag and packed with one PS201 Main unit, one 6+9PIN Extension cable, one OBDII connector, one card reader, one user manual and one Standard carton BOX. This bag only weights 1.2KG, which is so easy to take.
Xtool PS201 features that beat other similar truck scanners:
1. High Quality Material ABS, Comfortable & Durable
2. ARM Chip, High Speed
3. Cover the gasoline truck models with EOBD/CANBUS port made 1996-up, as well as the diesel truck models with OBDII port.
4. Handheld: working without connecting with computer, display test results on the screen.
5. Plug and Play: No need any setting, plug and play. The basic function is satisfactory to most technicians; it keeps away from oil stains
6. Who can use Xtool PS201, it is small and easy to use, therefore it suitable for professional technicians and DIYers/ beginners.
7. Software Updating Online at xtooltech.com.
8. Class 4 – Class 8 truck coverage featuring “Automatic Protocol Search”.
9. HD J1587 / J1708 and J1939 CAN, Engine, Transmission/ABS coverage and more!
10. Only €208 + shipping cost, which is affordable.
Xtool PS201 reader compatible electronic control systems:
Engine, Transmission and ABS
XTOOL PS201 scanner function:
1) Live vehicle data:
– Engine speed
– Engine ECU temperature
– Percent acceleration pedal position
– Engine intercooler temperature
– Engine coolant temperature
– Battery volts
– Alternator volts
– Ambient air temperature
– Air inlet temperature
2) Diagnostic function
– Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes
– Global OBD II – All 9 Modes.
– Fast Global OBD II Quick Test
Support multiple Global OBD II trouble code requests, generic codes (mode 3), pending codes (mode 7), enhanced codes, and GM DTC status.
* On-screen definitions of diagnostic trouble codes.
* Set measurement units in SAE English/Metric.
XTOOL PS201 truck scanner vehicle coverage and protocol in details:
* Passenger cars and commercial vehicles
* Tow trucks, recreational vehicles, cement trucks, dump trucks, garbage trucks, buses, step vans, municipal vehicles, refrigerated trucks, and conventional trucks
* Heavy-Duty Standard compliant construction, marine, agriculture, and other industrial diesel power plant configurations
OBD II: ISO 14230, ISO15765, SAE J1850
HD OBD II: SAE J1939 CAN, SAE J1708/J587
Select [Diagnose] and press [ENTER] button, PS201 includes OBDII and HD OBD II.
On light duty vehicles, it is with an OBD 16Pin connector, select OBD II.
On medium duty vehicles, it is with an OBD 16Pin connector, select OBD II.
On heavy duty vehicles:
On vehicles with an OBD-16 pin connector, select between J1708/J1587 or J1939 protocol.
On vehicles with a 9 pin connector, select between J1708/J1587 or J1939 protocol.
On vehicles with a 6 pin connector, only support J1708/J1587 protocol.
On vehicles with an 8 pin connector, only support J1708/J1587 protocol.
On vehicles with an R-16 pin connector, only support J1939 protocol
For more details, please refer to user manual: