If you want to purchase a key programming machine but you are not able to make up your mind which to pick. You are thinking of Autel IM608, Xhorse VVDI2, Lonsdor K518, CGDI, VVDI MB etc.
All mentioned are good and one tool not enough. Most locksmith have 10 to 15 device in closet of that device not do the other will and vice versa. Please spend some minutes to read the following reviews.
Autel IM608 Good Reviews.
1. Autel IM608 has been great. Also full set of diagnostics comes with it and programming.
Have dealt with BMW and Mercedes and only ran into W221 that could not add key for some reason. Another W221 s class done all keys lost but took 4hrs with 900 key insertion and removal option through OBD (on vehicle). Other than that I would recommend autel im608 to everyone who needs IMMO done + diagnostics.
2. Autel Im608 is universal key programmer, it does almost all +diagnostics.
3. If you want to cover newer generation of cars Autel im608 is the answer, after that VVDI2 and Lonsdor.
4. in the USA, Autel is very popular and the support is great. So for me, Autel is better. I purchased the smaller cheaper one bc I have tools that do diagnostics. So All I wanted was the Key Programming part, which the cheaper one offers.
4. Autel works ok, it have problem with Fiat and some Renault models. (My experience).
Xhorse VVDI Good review.
1. VVDI2 is not universal key programmer most for VAG, BMW, Porsche for specific year and key maker by dump. Vvdi2 is also a transponder programmer and remote reset generate etc ……..
2. For MB cars you need device alone only for mb (i.e VVDI MB or CG MB).
And lots …… Big question. Only your personal experience will answer that
3. I have VVDI2 full but it is only great for VAG and BMW so to complement my service I want to buy xhorse vvdi key tool plus what is meant to be all in one tool similar as im608 but sell at cheaper price.
Tango is good on transponder production but it would not help you so much on newer cars.You need some good soldering skills as well.
Lonsdor is a great multi brand tool for overseas.
Other key programmers option:
Autopropad forks region there is full and lite
For old cars SBB ck100 t300 …….
To be updating…
Maybe you are interested in the above key programmers details, please refer to: