VW/Audi DSG transmission DQ200 DQ250 programmer, which one?
Where toy buy good programmer for DSG transmission on VAG cars? Which one to buy, KESS V2 or MINI DSG reader?
Both KESS V2 and MINI DSG reader are working. Let’s see the customer feedback first.
MINI DSG reader (DQ200+DQ250) for VW/Audi
2014 MINI DSG reader is used for AUDI and VW new car. Usually the tool for reading/writing new VW/AUDI gearbox data is few and very expensive, now the low cost MINI DSG reader tool is coming. You don’t need remove ecu from car, only connect some plug to the DSG ECU and then you can read/write and save dump to bin flie.
1. I use this tool, it works well. It works great on some dq250
2. Mini dsg reader no problem on old DSG DQ250 Cxx. Both read and write. Tested directly on TCU
3. Have coded and tested successfully on DSG 6 speed
4. Test OK on reading DSG 7 VW Golf 2012
5. MINI DSG reader works on DSG 7 CAN only
6. DQ200 from golf 5 DSG7 takes 25 minutes
7. Have tested on dq250 cxx and reading no problem.
8. Audi A3 6 Speed DSG (Temic DQ250) DQ250 via OBD –II.
MINI DSG cable connection:
KESS V2 Feedback:
1. I have read and write DSG DQ250 with kess EU 2.08, works without problem
2. KESS v2 clone will not work on many DSG. I tested many cars and on older one DSG KESS don’t work. The newer firmware Alientech KESS original with tricore works OK.
3. With direct cable (not obd2) DQ200 and DQ250 read and write perfect with good quality Kess EU, my Kess also support DQ500 read and write. I did all 3 of these TCU successfully
4. Successfully made dq200 OBD with good quality kess clone 2.08 (and up). Read and write OK.
If your MINI DSG can read DSG ECU but cannot write it back, you go for the KESS V2, original and EU clone are batter choices. It is good to keep both. But if you cannot afford Original or EU KESS clone, MINI DSG reader is not bad a choice.