Obdexpress.co.uk updated a new real test:
FLY FVDI J2534 Test Report: Ford ECU diagnosis wit ScanMaster-ELM
What is FVDI J2534:
FVDI J2534 is a vehicle communication interface device that full compatible with SAE J2534-1 and partly compatible with SAE J2534-2. It supports most of vehicle communication protocols and can be used as PassThru device for many dealer level diagnostic software. And it can be used as a ELM327 device also, support most of ELM327 software.
What is ScanMaster-ELM:
ScanMaster-ELM is a OBD-2/EOBD diagnostic scan tool for vehicle diagnostics under OBD-II/EOBD standards that were developed specifically for the ELM327 chip from the company ELM Electronics and supports all 10 in SAE J1979 defined OBD-2 diagnostic modes $01 – $0A and all communications protocols.
ScanMaster-ELM Installtion demo:
FLY FVDI J2534 Tested with ScanMaster-ELM:
What can you do with ScanMaster-ELM on FVDI J2534:
ScanMaster-ELM is an OBD-II / EOBD Diagnostic Tool for vehicle diagnostics to the extent required by law in accordance with OBD-II / EOBD standards developed specifically for ELM Electronics’ ELM327 chip and supports all 10 OBD- 2s defined in SAE J1979 Diagnostic modes $ 01- $ 0A and all communication protocols:
- ISO14230-4 (KWP2000) almost init
- ISO14230-4 (KWP2000) slow init
- SAE J1850 VPW
- SAE J1850 PWM
- ISO15765-4 (CAN bus) 11/250
- ISO15765-4 (CAN Bus) 11/500
- ISO15765-4 (CAN bus) 29/250
- ISO15765-4 (CAN bus) 29/500
In conjunction with an ELM327- based interface, ScanMaster is an ideal OBD solution (also known as ScanTool or OBD Scanner) for diagnosing all OBD-2 capable systems and is very well suited for automotive workshops as well as experienced home users and hobbyists.
All ECUs in the vehicle that support OBD-2 are automatically detected and can be diagnosed with our software. In many vehicles, these include the automatic transmission, brake systems, powertrain and other control devices.
Among other things besides the standardized diagnostic possibilities, the software offers extensive additional functions and evaluations, which are based on the data from the diagnostic interface. These are for example:
– The measurement and live display of fuel consumption
– Acceleration measurement of the vehicle from 0-100 km / h
– A very comprehensive power measurement, which enables the performance measurement (KW / PS and Nm) of the engine without much effort and expensive Dyno test bench
– Reading out and deleting error codes on older OBD-1 Opel and Alfa Romeo vehicles
– Dashboard (instrument cluster), optimized for touch control
– diagnostic Report
The following language translations are integrated into the program:
ScanMaster-ELM car list:
- All petrol cars registered in the EU from year 2001 and diesel from year 2004, regardless of make and model.
- Vehicles registered in the USA from 1996 onwards.
- Special functions for older OBD-1 Opel and Alfa Romeo vehicles from year approx. 1996-2001 (see description above).
Alfa Romeo, Alpina, Aston Martin, Audi, Arden, BMW, Brilliance, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Citroen, Chrysler, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Dacia, De Lorean, De Tomaso, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, General Motors , GMC, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lada, Lamborghini, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Lotus, Marcos, Maybach, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mercury, MG, MCC Smart , Morgan, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Opel, Peugeot, Plymouth, Porsche, Proton, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Rover, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Sangyong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo