Question: I need a battery reset tool to work on my car. Which tool can support the most vehicles on the market? How to reset by myself?
obdexpress.co.uk chief engineer gives the suggestion:
Vident iAuto702 Pro is a good choice.
It’s a powerful multi-application service tool that covers 39 special functions available on over 65 worldwide car makes (to the latest). It supports multi-languages and 3 years free update online via USB port.
14 Languages supported: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian and Thai
39 special functions:
| ABS/SRS Diagnosis|
| ABS Bleeding|
| AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System)|
| Transmission Adaption|
| Battery Reset|
| Change Tire Size|
| Clutch Adaptation|
| (DPF) Regeneration Of Diesel Particulate Filter|
| EGR(Exhaust-gas recirculation) Adaption|
| EPB (Brake Pad Replacement)|
| Evaporative test|
| Adaptive Gearbox|
| Gear Learning|
| Immobilizer Programming|
| Injector Coding|
| Language Change|
| Adjust Odometer|
| Oil Reset|
| (PFP) Prime Fuel Pump|
| SAS (Steering Angle Sensor Reset)|
| Seat Match|
| Sunroof Reset|
| Transmission Module Oil Life Reset|
| TPMS (Tire Pressure Sensor Reset)|
| TPS (Electronic Throttle Sensor Reset)|
| Doorwindows Match|
| AdBlue (new)|
| Coolant (new)|
| Hvolbat (new)|
| Motor Angle (new)|
| NOx Reset (new)|
| Power Balance (new)|
| Stopstart (new)|
| Transport (new)|
Currently, iAuto702 Pro can do battery reset for some car makes incl. Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Kia, Lamborghini, Lancia, Landrover, Lexus (Europe And Other), Lexus (Japan), Lexus (North), Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Mitsubishi, Toyota (Europe And Other), Toyota (Japan), Toyota (North America), Volvo, VW
Download the newest 2022 Vident iAuto702 Pro special function list to check the specific car models.
The step-by-step guide to reset battery (BRT):
1. Connect iAuto 702 pro to the OBDII port of the vehicle via the main cable
2.Enter Application main menu-> select BRT
3. Pay attention to the Battery reset instruction:
1).Use the car diagnostic device to reset the car battery monitoring unit to clear original fault information about insufficient battery electric quantity, and match the battery again and monitor battery based on current battery information.
2).Battery matching must be performed in the following cases:
- Main battery is replaced. Battery matching must be performed to clear original electric quantity insufficiency information and prevent the related control module from detecting false information. If the related control module detects false information, it will invalidate some electric auxiliary functions, such as automatic start&stop function, sunroof without one-key trigger function, power window without automatic function.
- Battery monitoring sensor. Battery matching is performed to re-match the control module and motoring sensor to detect battery electric quantity use information more accurately, which can avoid the instrument panel displaying false information.
4. Select car make
5. Automatic Scan (recommended) or Manual Select
6. Switch on the ignition
7. Reading the car info…
8. A message will appear on the screen “This routine will reset stored internal battery monitoring data. This is required when a battery is replaced. Press OK to confirm the selection or Cancel to abort”.
Just click OK to continue
9. Set the ignition switch to on (position 2)
10. Function execution succeeded
11. Set the ignition switch to off (position 0)
Here is the available link to buy VIDENT iAuto702Pro (free shipping):