Question: can I update my Xprog V5.84 to newest Xprog V6.12? if okay, how?
The answer is no, never try to update it by yourself, otherwise XPROG hardware may be damaged. XPROG V6.12 dongle is not compatible with an older version of Xprog. Before installing the V6.12 software, uninstall all old XPROG versions (i.e Xprog 5.84)
XPROG V6.12 ECU programmer 3 nice features:
- XPROG V6.12 is designed with new PCB, which works more stable and faster.
- XPROG-M V6.12 is packed with 4 new adapters that Xprog V5.84 doesn’t have:
ADP-0019 Rev. B …(New)
ADP-0006 M35080 ICP adapter (New)
QFP64 MC908AZ / AS60 3K85K adapter (New)
ADP-0001 TMS370 PLCC28 Programming Adapter
ADP-0002 TMS370 PLCC44 Programming Adapter
ADP-0003 TMS370 PLCC68 Programming Adapter
ADP-0004 Motorola HC05B / X PLCC52 programming adapter
ADP-0005 Motorola H
- XPROG V6.12 updates 2 new authorizations:
AUTH-0028-3 Renesas RL78 authorized (New)
AUTH-0028-4 Renesas M32C authorized (New)
AUTH-0001 family authorization Motorola HC05 (allows you to read / write EEPROM)
AUTH-0002 Motorola HC08 Family Authorization (allows you to read / write EEPROM)
AUTH-0003 Motorola HC11 Family Authorization (allows you to read / write EEPROM)
AUTH-0004 family resolution Motorola HC12, 9S12 (allows you to read / write EEPROM and flash memory)
AUTH-0005 Texas Instruments TMS370 / TMS374 family authorization (allows you to read / write EEPROM)
AUTH-0006 Motorola HC05Bxx and HC05Xxx family bypass security authorization (allows you to read / write protected EEPROM and flash memory)
AUTH-0007 ST M35080 authorization. Read / write / erase the device in the delivery state.
AUTH-0008 BMW EWS3 authorization
AUTH-0009 ATMEGA family authorization (allows you to read / write EEPROM and flash memory)
AUTH-0010 MB ZGS001 authorization
AUTH-0011 Motorola HC11EA9 / E9 bypass security authorization (allows you to bypass the security bit and read the EEPROM and ram memory)
AUTH-0012 authorization CR16 (allows you to read / write EEPROM memory)
AUTH-0014 ST7, family resolution ST10 (allows you to read / write internal flash)
AUTH-0015 authorization MPC5xx (depending on the program of the device automatically determines MPC5xx, M95xxx device type, flash memory, external flash and configuration memory size)
AUTH-0018 Motorola HC12, HC912, MC9S12, MC9S12X bypass security permission (allows you to read / write protected EEPROM and flash memory)
AUTH-0020 hand (microns, …) Family authorization (allows you to read / write internal flash and external serial EEPROM)
AUTH-0021 arm (microns, …) Family bypass safety authorization (allows you to read / write protected and unprotected internal flash and external serial EEPROM, view / change the distance, chassis number (wines), serial number and contact code).
AUTH-0024-3 9S12XE Security
AUTH-0024-4 MC9S12HA / HY / P
AUTH-0025-1 MPC / SPC5xxx authorized 2016/3/13
AUTH-0027-1 HC (S) 908 update authorized 2016/3/13
AUTH-0027-2 HC (S) 908 sercurity authorized 2016/3/13
AUTH-0028-1 Renesas V850 authorized 2017/10/9
AUTH-0028-2 Renesas SuperH authorized 2017/10/9
How to use XPROG V6.12 software?
- Click on the file “installation. Reg”, get information about the files to regedit.
2. Install the file “adberdr11000_zh_lonexe”, it is necessary, otherwise the Xprog software will not start.
3. Connect the main Xprog interface to the computer, install the USB driver.
4. Copy the “XPROG-BOX6.12” folder to the desktop and open it and execute “xprogdesktop.exe”, then open the software.
8 tips to use XPROG V6.12:
- XPROG V6.12 dongle is not compatible with an older version of Xprog.
- Before installing the V6.12 software, uninstall all old XPROG versions (Xprog 5.84) because the XPROG V6.12 hardware is not compatible with other XPROG software.
- No antivirus software installed, please exit before running XPROG V6.12, otherwise it will damage the xprog driver.
- No Internet connection, XPROG V6.12 works offline.
- Never try to update it by yourself, XPROG V6.12 will be damaged if you try to update it online.
- OS: windows XP 32 bit, windows 7 64 bit
all patch software for the windows system must be installed already and windows is working correctly.
- The windows system must be with more than 2 partitions (excluding CD rom.)
- Cannot work with Virtual Hard Disk.