Have questions with V17.04 wiTech MicroPod 2:
I bought a wiTECH Micropod 2 clone. I have several questions:
- How do I install it on my laptop? It came with the CD but no instructions.
- I was looking at one site and it said I should start with a fresh reload of Windows 7. Wouldn’t that delete all of the stuff I have on my old laptop?
- My old laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium and according to some blog article, I need Windows 7 Professional.
I’m looking to perform diagnostics and reset the hard DTC in the TCM.
wiTECH V17.04 installation tips (very important):
- Yes a fresh reload of windows will delete all your stuff unless you have it backed up.
You are advised to install wiTECH V17.04 on a fresh win7, if it is not a fresh system, when there is a problem with the installation, it may be the cause of a software conflict or the computer may be infected.
- Required operation system: will woks on Win7 32bit / 64 bit without any problem, no matter Win7 home premium or professional or Ultimate (obdexpress.co.uk engineer tested professional & Ultimate ok)
3.You have to make yourself the Admin of your laptop. After doing that, wiTECH is able to save the change (I changed the 5 to a 6) shown in the following video:
(Video content: How to Solve 17.04 wiTech MicroPod 2 registration issues)
- Is allowed to connect them to the internet when you use the device.
First connect MicroPodII to vehicle, if the red indicator turns on, then connect to laptop and run software.
- Finally, this is wiTECH V17.04 software for free download:
Contributor: www.obdexpress.co.uk engineer