For anyone happy using TIS2000 for Saab (TIS2008-2) follow these steps:
1. You will need a TIS2000 USB key and patch for activation (can be bought for little money or sourced elsewhere)
2. Download and install TIS2000 for GM/NAO. You may be prompted to install the USB key – just follow the steps. When finished, don’t run the TIS2000 program.
3. Download Saab TIS2008-2. Insert into same physical/virtual CD drive you installed the TIS2000 GM from (drive letter needs to be the same).
4. Launch TIS2000 from desktop icon/start menu
5. TIS2000 should detect available update (Saab TIS-2008). OK this and let it run.
6. If you haven’t installed the USB key and patch do this now.
7. Launch TIS2000 and click on SPS or security access to ensure it works
I believe this will allow re-programming of models up to 2008 only, so if you have a later model, you’ll probably need GlobalTIS.
If you’ve bought a clone Tech 2 unit I’d recommend throwing away the supplied flat RJ45/ethernet cable and replacing it with a standard ethernet cable (not cross-over) as mine was faulty and caused many headaches! The correct pin-out is provided by the RJ45 to D9 adaptor. For those interested, only pins 4 and 5 on the RJ45 socket are used (TX/RX).
You may well have a couple of issues getting the software running initially. If your web browser refuses to connect to the TIS2Web service, it’s likely that one of the two GlobalTIS services are not running. To fix this, open the ‘services’ console either by
Start>Run and type “services.msc”
Right-click ‘My Computer” select ‘Manage’ and drill down to the services icon on the left pane.
There are two services that should be running and they’ve got obvious names, something like GlobalTIS and TC6 (not near my TIS PC at the moment) and sit next to each other in the services list. In the information pane they should say ‘started’. If not, right-click and select ‘start’. If this fails with an error, try modifying the registry key below.
To open registry editor Start>Run regedit BE CAREFUL MODIFYING THE REGISTRY – YOU CAN REALLY SCREW YOUR PC UP!!!!!
In the left pane, expand the keys until you find the following
HKLM\Software\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun2.0\Global TISTC6\Parameters\Java\JvmMx
Change the value of this key from 0X0000044 to 0X00000200 and exit the registry. Try to restart the service – you should find it now works. Don’t ask me why, I got this fix from another forum – fair play to the guy who found it.
Hope this helps someone!